Adventures of a Learner Knitter

Sunday, February 26, 2006

I didn't make it...

So, I didn't finish my sweater for the 2pm deadline today. Rats. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it at 7:30 last night, when I had the front and back done, and about 6" of the first sleeve done, but then I buckled down (i.e. regained the focus I'd lost for the last week and a bit) and knit until 12:30, at which point I had almost finished the second sleeve. But, I've been working on it since I got up today and it's all seamed together, and all I have left to do is the cowl neck. So that's pretty good.

Here are my "lessons learned" so far:
1. If trying to finish a project in 16 days, don't knit for 2 days, and then basically stop for another 12 days. This will make finishing the project much harder.
2. Don't buy new yarn in the middle of said project - it will distract you into starting a new project, thus impeding your olympic knitting. And rewarding though starting a new scarf might be, it's not going to turn miraculously into your sweater.
3. I've learned that I can only knit a few rows after a day of working on the computer at school, but on the weekends I can knit almost all day. Clearly I should have taken Friday off school to knit :)
4. I've learned that I hate seaming and I should have started it earlier. And my seams are ugly. But I'm hoping that they won't show too much on the finished sweater, or I will re-knit them.

So far, that's all I've learned (I think). I'll post again soon with some "in progress" pictures and, hopefully, one of the finished product!

1 Comments:

  • I was wondering if you'd gotten distracted. ;oP

    Congrats on finishing as much as you did! That's quite an achievement, on your first sweater! Can't wait to see pics. ;-)

    By Blogger Nikki, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home