Adventures of a Learner Knitter

Monday, March 13, 2006

I think I'm in love...

with a mohair/silk blend. It's so soft, and also fuzzy. I bought it on Saturday, and I think I got a few weird looks on the way home, cause I kept taking it out of the bag to pet it. It's Rowan's Kid Silk Haze, and we're not going to discuss how much it cost, except to mention that I may start looking for a second job to support my yarn haibt :) Anyhow, I'm trying out lace knitting for the first time with Branching Out from Knitty. I didn't notice until I got the yarn home that the pattern says to use the mohair blend yarn if you are a "more experienced lace knitter". Pshaw! say I. I can do it (if I'm really really careful). So far I have about 2 pattern repeats done - lots more to go - see!


And it really does feel and look a bit like knitting with (really fuzzy) dental floss... but I'm sure it will be glorious when it's all done and blocked and everything

I also have some pictures of the finished green monster. I'm wearing a white t-shirt underneath to try and make the seams show up better, but first, the front.

And the side (check out those seams!).

1 Comments:

  • The seams look fine in the picture, but I can imagine that up close they'd be tricky - it's such a big gauge that gaps really show. Hmmm. No helpful solutions from me, sadly.

    My Branching Out is Kidsilk Haze, too. Also too expensive. Also entirely worth it! Except that my scarf is stalled at about 5 pattern repeats. Maybe yours will inspire me to get back at it!

    The one thing about that yarn: it's a bitch to tink when you make a mistake.

    By Blogger Nikki, at 7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home