Adventures of a Learner Knitter

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Lovely Saturday

My Saturday started out well - I went up to my parents' to do laundry and have my car emissions tested (it passed with flying colours - yay!). In the course of the beginning of my visit I winced when I stepped, and explained to my mom about how my foot was still hurting after stepping on a bit of broken glass a week ago (I dropped a drinking glass, I'm a spaz, I know). She managed to locate the remaining shard of glass that was now located inside my foot (the wound had healed over it - eww!), and I called the lovely Telehealth Ontario line to find out what to do. The nurse said to go to emergency. Crap. Luckily, I had brought my knitting with me! Anyhow, after lunch (clearly not that much of an emergency since I stepped on the glass a week ago), I went over to the hospital. 3 1/2 hours later (pretty good, really, considering how un-emergency-esque my foot was), I left having had my foot anesthetized (ow!), cut into, and the glass removed. The shard was absolutely tiny, incidentally; no wonder I didn't find it when I stepped on the glass. Anyhow, my foot hurts a bit now, and I get to soak it in water 3 times a day until it's healed, but other than that, everything is under control.

In related news, my pink scarf, which was less than a foot long this morning, is now over 32 inches long! I'm sure it'll be done by next week.

2 Comments:

  • Goodness! You poor thing! You need chocolate!

    (Um...that might not be evidence-based medicine. But they say that you have to trust your experience, too....and I KNOW from experience that chocolate is an effective treatment for this condition.)

    By Blogger Nikki, at 6:31 PM  

  • Chocolate? neh, girl guide cookies ...

    By Blogger Mo, at 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home