Adventures of a Learner Knitter

Monday, March 27, 2006

Finished!

I finished my pink scarf on Sunday! As it turns out, being unwilling to walk around really gives me a lot of knitting time. Yesterday I was feeling sick, so I made all my preparations for getting sick (buying gingerale, checking that I have bendy straws, getting some jello, borrowing kids' books from the library) in the evening, and then I was feeling much better this morning! Thank goodness - I was a bit worried that I picked up some weird disease or plague at the hospital on Saturday (I know - I'm paranoid), but it seems that it was just a brief illness. Although it could still get worse (I just realized that I may have cursed myself with that statement). But I don't think it will.

I've started the matching hat for the scarf now. I cast on Monday morning (before school... I was soaking my foot to prevent an infection and had nothing else to do), and it's getting to the point where I can safely say that I *might* have cast on the right number of stitches. Clearly any time before I try the thing on is too soon to say for sure, but I have a good feeling about this! I'm also a bit excited about coming up with some decreasing for the top since I'm not following a pattern. I have some hat patterns to check out and compare, and I'll modify and moosh them together into some sort of hat top. I'm excited; it should be interesting!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home