Adventures of a Learner Knitter

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bad, bad blogger

So, Justine said I should post, so here I am posting.

What have I been up to lately? Well, I just got back from the Yarn Harlot's birthday party at Lettuce Knit. It was great fun. It was super exciting too to actually meet Stephanie in person, although it did feel kind of weird to just be meeting someone you feel like you know for the first time. And she signed my new bookbookbook3, so that was very exciting too! Poor blogger that I am, I didn't bring a camera, so I have no photographic evidence that I was there, but...

As a special birthday present to Stephanie (and as an awesome present to everyone else there!) all yarn was 20% off. So, I got me 2 beautiful skeins (400m each) of laceweight baby alpaca. They're so soft. And cuddly. And (shockingly) blue. I think they want to be a shawl, but I'm not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

My most exciting project right now is socks. I finished my first pair of socks ever...

and I love them. So I went out right after and bought two skeins of Koigu sock yarn in a variegated peachy colour, and I'm knitting them up with picot edging and short row heels (how exciting!).

They're actually much further along than they look in that picture, but in my digi-cam-less state, this is the most recent picture I have.

The baby sweater does not proceed apace. I knit one sleeve, the back, and one front, and the front is a different length from the back. So I stopped for a couple weeks to think about it (and to knit on my new socks...). I think I can totally live with it, and I really don't think the baby will care. So. I need to knit the other front, other sleeve, and the hood, and then figure out how to assemble all these pieces into a sweater. Oh. And figure out button bands. Yuck. Anyhow, here's what the sleeve looks like.

My brother's sweater has received no work lately, since I need to think about what happens next, and I haven't had much time for the thinking lately. It sure is wedding season here, and that combined with trying to get finished up in school, finishing up with my Guides for the season, and getting prepared to move to Vancouver for my new job (!!) in the middle of August... well, let's just say I'm not trying to do anything too complicated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home